Thursday, February 11, 2010

Hotel Muscat Holiday

We didn't stay at this hotel so I can't tell you if the beds were soft or how the breakfast is. But we did get a tour of the place plus lunch. The hotel is located midway between the airport and the central business district where a lot of government offices are. Muscat is such a big place, that I have no real idea how long it would take to get to e.g. the souq, but I would guess about 15 minutes by car. The area itself is not all that interesting (but not unpleasant), but in my opinion the interesting part of town is down by the harbour and the souq, and I didn't see any hotels there.  I don't know how many stars this hotel has, but my impression is 4-4½ and it is more upmarket than the Al Falaj where we stayed. I would recommend this hotel for business travellers, it's very close to the main road between the airport and the town so I would guess handy for going wherever you need to go in Muscat. They also have great conference facilities

The rooms:

Standard room
Pool and fitness room:




Dining room/restaurant:

OK, indulge me for a bit. No pictures of the actual room, just the buffet (and only a selection of the pictures I took). Quite simply the best lunch I had had in a long time, huge dilemmas about how much of each dish to eat to ensure I had room for everything, including dessert. And, according to other members of the party, the best hommous ev-ah. They even got the chef out of the kitchen to share his secrets! Unfortunately, I was preoccupied with the sweets so did not have time to make notes. But really, great restaurant!

Le buffet


                                     

                                      

                                     


'Twas goooooood.....

No comments: